Iron Point Project
22 miles from Town of Winnemuca, where skilled mining personnel and suppliers are available.
Primary target area two kilometers north of Interstate 80.
High voltage transmission line runs through property.
Railroad line on northern property boundary.
Ample water supply in the area.
Source: Google Maps
- Initially evaluated for vanadium by Newmont Mining in the 1960s.
- In 1996, Aur Resources conducted a drill program, but also assaying for vanadium.
- Historic drill results revealed a roughly circular mineralized zone approximately 1,000 meters in diameter.
- In July 2018, Casino sampled a number of historical trenches that exposed mineralization over a 230m length. Casino's best trench returned 0.86% V2O5 over 29m of continuous cut, with individual 1.5m samples ranging from 0.31% to 1.51% V2O5.
- 73 hole, 8,400 meter - 3 rig problem recently completed, outlining one of North America's largest vanadium footprints - 700 m x 1,200 m in size.
- Vanadium mineralization starts from surface and extends to a depth of 175 meters.
- Two flat lying high grade zones identified, with each zone averaging 40 meters in thickness.
- Deposit generally open in all directions.
- Assays are completed by American Assay Labs, Reno, NV.
Maiden Drill Results
Drilling at Iron Point has found two high grade zones, referred to as the Upper High Grade and New High Grade Zones, key intercepts include:
- 44 meters grading 0.48% V2O5 in VM-02.
- 20 meters grading 0.60% V2O5 in VM-09.
- 23 meters grading 0.63% V2O5 in VM-23.
- 37 meters grading 0.55% V2O5 in VM-26i.
High grade intercepts occur within a broad envelope of lower grade vanadium mineralization that extends from surface down to a depth of 175 meters, key intercepts include:
- 152 meters grading 0.23% V2O5 in VM-01.
- 175 meters grading 0.25% V2O5 in VM-02 (from surface).
- 174 meters grading 0.23% V2O5 in VM-67.
- 162 meters grading 0.22% V2O5 in VM-74.